Monday, October 11, 2010

Post-Midnight Into Forever


Everyone has those nights that they wish they could relive.
The nights that make your mind keep pressing the rewind button.
The nights that make you regret life isn't a tape player.
The nights that make you wish that moment would FREEZE, forever. 


It was Saturday going on Sunday.
Us both falling in and out of sleep laying on that beautiful leather couch
that I was so afraid to merely sit on. To leave any sort of blemish in.
You'd whisper in my ear,"What do you think they're talking about?"
As we absent-mindedly let our minds soak up the movie on the screen before us.
I'd say,"I don't care. You're the only thing I see." But only in my head.
You'd kiss my neck, and I'd melt into your arms.
I eventually fell asleep on you before it reached four, and before
we finished all three of the movies we rented.
Many times, we spoke of our future together and how things will be
as soon as these last two years are up.
Tonight was the night I finally got a taste of what it will be like.
I'll never let that memory fade.






1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've been reading down your blog and I really like the honesty in your writing.
    Cheers from a new follower!

    ReplyDelete