Tuesday, October 12, 2010

13 Reasons Why


Last night he told me he saw no purpose in living any longer. Not specifically for himself, but in general.
"We're already 1/4 of the way through life, and we still live for nothing but the fact that we're still alive."
Well, love. These are my reasons why...what are yours?

1. Cody. For always being there for me through everything the past wonderful 19 months and many more to come.

2. Mom. I know you suffer just as much as any other person and I'm sometimes not the greatest daughter to you. Depression exists even in the adult world, and you're living proof.

3. Music. All of my favorite bands, have saved me. Kept me sane, if you will.

4. Poetry. Freedom to say what I want, when I feel like it, and pour it all out in a (somewhat) organized manner.

5. Art. Freedom to dump out my nightmares on the page without judgement.

6. Photography. You can really learn things about a persons perspectives through this. I'd like to show you mine.

7. Fear. It reminds me I'm not God, I'm not in control, keeps my mind sharp and body on edge.

8. Friends. I owe every single one of you more than I can begin to explain and often don't feel like I'm a good enough friend compared to how you guys good you guys are to me.

9. The Unknown. Things I haven't experienced yet.

10. Future. Living with my boy and experiencing life with him the way I've always wanted it.

11. Past. Things I'll never want to resort to again.

12. Videogames. The sense of accomplishment you get when you beat one gives me hope that I can overcome my own struggles.

13. Memories. For those small, seemingly insignificant, moments that make him smile that gorgeous smile. Things that will forever be engraved in my brain.


No comments:

Post a Comment